Ever had one of “those days”? You know, a day when nothing goes your way–the cashier at Starbucks got your order wrong, your morning commute seemed like a million years and you arrive to work to find a to-do list as long as your arm? Yep, one of THOSE days.
As much as we try to prevent it from happening, we’re bound to experience a day like this every once in awhile. So since we can’t prevent days like this, the best thing to do is to learn how to cope and approach the chaos with a positive mindset. What better way to learn how to effectively manage hectic work days than to turn to the Bible? Here are 10 scriptures to help you get through a hectic work day.
1. Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
2. With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men. Ephesians 6:7
3. But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. 2 Chronicles 15:7
4. Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
5. Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor. Proverbs 12:24
6. A hard worker has plenty of food, but a person who chases fantasies ends up in poverty. The trustworthy person will get a rich reward, but a person who wants quick riches will get into trouble. Proverbs 28:19-20
7. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:11-12
9. Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. Philippians 4:6-7
10. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27